Search engine optimization (SEO) - what does it mean and why do we need it?
In the times we live in, we are all on the internet.
In order to fully develop a business, whether restaurant, e-commerce or travel, you need to be online. For this purpose, you hire an agency and it develops a website for you, but your business does not bring the expected results. This is where SEO comes in.
Creating a website is not on 100% enough. It needs to be visible and easy to find for users to bring the desired results.
Any user who wants to find information on the Internet enters a keyword or phrase that most closely matches their search. The search engine then starts checking its database and returns to the user a list of web pages that contain the most accurate and complete information according to their search. At the very beginning of SEO, experts optimized websites mainly for search engines. With time, the algorithms changed and started optimizing for humans and their intent.
Example of search engine optimization
In the 21st century, we spend 20% of our time searching for information. For this, it is important that your website is positioned at the top of the results for keywords relevant to the niche you are positioned in.
If your business is related to the online trade of women's shoes, then when users search for the keywords "women's shoes" your website should rank at the top of search engine results. This is the main task of an SEO expert. As a result, your sales will increase and your business will be much more recognizable.
What makes your website interesting for search engines
The task of the SEO expert is to make your website attractive to search engines. There are many methods by which this is done.
Basic steps and tasks in SEO:
- Analysis of your competition.
- With the help of SEO tools we build a semantic core - a set of low, medium and high frequency keywords (determined by the number of searches per month) that match your target. Thanks to semantics, the information structure of your website is created.
- Technical audit - details the main technical errors, according to Google's rules, that were made in the construction of the website. After which their removal follows.
- Mobile optimization, satisfying 80% of users browsing via their mobile phone.
Search engine optimization - a key process in creating a website. The earlier your website appears in search engine results, the more users and customers you will reach.
Three of the world's most famous search engines:
- Founded in 1996 under the name BackRub, and renamed Google two years later, it is today the world's most famous search engine. Its name is related to googol (googol), a named number in mathematics equal to 10 to the power of 100 or to 1 with a hundred zeros.
- Bing - owned and operated by Microsoft. It's the search engine that will show you all the videos and images that match your search. And on Google, all those that have copyrights are hidden.
- Baidu - founded in 2000, it is the most used search engine in China. Baidu is also the largest internet services and artificial intelligence company.